Google+

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Guest Designer Rhonda Van Ginkel - Part II with the September Card Kit

Greetings, it's Rhonda Van Ginkel back with you today to host the blog as a Guest Designer with Part II of my September projects. I am featuring designs using the C'est Magnifique September 2015 Card Kit.

"This Life is Pretty Wonderful" (12x12 Page)

I love the elements in the Card Kit so much, I also had a few extra goodies to include from the Embellishment Add-On Kit as well as the black flower from the Flower Add-On September 2015 Kit. I started this page inspired by the green card base which I used to mat my photo collage, along with some simple black cardstock.



I loved the idea of mixing this strong chevron design with some florals. I used a sheet of kraft card stock from home, then used crackle modeling paste and a stencil. I added the small gold glitter paste stars using a stencil. You will also see a few wood veneer stars mixed in which I lightly touched with Gold Glimmer Spray to blend in.

Some Gelatos were used in 4 different colors, and just smeared in to blend. After that, I sprinkled drops of Glimmer Spray about in coordinating colors to the pattern papers. I stamped using some of my BoBunny stamps and black ink.


The blue banner and pink arrow and sequin elements are from the Embellishment Add On Kit. I added the string and pearl along with the ink for coloring the "Hello" speech bubble. The partial tag I cut using a simple tag die.

"Hello Sunshine" Tag

For my next project, I created a tag to fit the cute pink polka dot envelope that comes in the kit. I've used the Prima Doll Stamp included in the kit as my focal point. She is colored with Copics and paper pieced. 


I've used a scrap from one of my first projects on this. In the background you should see a frame and behind it I've backed it with the black and white ampersand. This was a really fun project to do, I love using these doll stamps, the possibilities are endless!


I added some Diamond Stickles to accent the bodice florals as well as the top of the skirt. The paper piecing that I did with her hair is from a woodgrain pattern paper included in the kit. I highlighted some of the hair design with my marker.

The headband, bodice and florals on her shoes all coordinate to the same patterned paper. To accent the headband, I added a single sequin and an Enamel Dot.


Here's the coordinating envelope. I added a few simple touches and love how it fits perfectly! 

For this project I used a Prima Tag Pad from my own collection of items for the base, then added other papers and embellishments to it.


"Hello" (A2 sized card)

This card showcases another one of the beautiful designed card bases included in the kit. I decided to layer over the florals lightly with a few other pieces. 


The "Hello" sentiment flag was cut from the pattern papers in the kit. I cut one of the vellum hearts in half and used for "leaves" under the flower cluster on the left. To create this look, I used a few of my dies and my die cutting machine.

Are you loving the projects you've been seeing? If so, be sure to check out the C'est Magnifique Store to get your very own September 2015 Card Kit today!

If you love those enamel dots, wood veneers, die cuts, sweet bows and arrows, be sure to check out the Embellishment Add-On Kit while you're there. There is also a Flower Add-On September 2015 Kit if you crave some flowers for your projects.

Thank you to C'est Magnifique Kit Club for inviting me Guest Design again with you this month. I loved working with these beautiful papers and goodies!  

Have a super creative day!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Rhonda! I love how you highlighted the versatility of this kit. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are so lovely! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a fun kit to work with, so many possibilities!

      Delete