Google+

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hello.  We are back today to feature a couple more members of our design team using the March Kit, "Whimsical Melodies".  We wanted to let you know that there is one March Kit that we just put in the store, and the paper (from Magenta) is also available. 

Let's take a look at how Keren and Valerie used the March kit.  There are so many colors and looks from this kit!

"Noteworthy" by Keren Tamir

Here is a picture of my kids at Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia, Canada. Of course I asked them to look out in to the ocean so I could take this picture of them on the rocks. I used the purple tones in the kit however since I didn't have any purple flowers, I sprayed the pink flowers with the Amethyst Color shine spray from the February Kit. The Magenta purple paper had stripes again so I decided to roll the edges. I truly love this effect whenever there's stripes on a page! I used the Blue Fern Garden Window to frame the picture. I cut out the inside pannels and used them as decorations. The shutters were used on a different layout. This is one way to get the most our of your chipboard pieces.


"Kiss" by Keren Tamir

 I know I've used this picture quite a few times in my scrapbooking pages however its one of my favorites. It was taken at the butterfly conservatory in Niagara Falls. My daughter held a beautiful butterfly in her hand and it looks as if she's kissing it. I thought it would be the perfect picture for the butterfly papers that came in the kit.


******************************

"Grow With Love" by Valerie Serfozo

I'm not the only one who used this little piece of chipboard for my title, but it's just so darn perfect with this photo of my niece, Macy. I really loved working with the pops of color in this kit. I colored the chipboard birdhouse with some gesso, then painted it with the Glimmer Glaze in the kit. I added just a little gold here and there with some Distress Stain. The pole and hanger that come with the chipboard birdhouse, I cut apart and added the flourish part to my flower cluster.


"First Birthday" by Valerie Serfozo

 I decided to go with a pretty monochromatic look on this layout, but added little bits of color from the patterned paper in the kit. The design needed just a portion of the Blue Fern chipboard border, so I can save the remainder of it for another project. I coated the chipboard with gesso, then painted it with the Glimmer Glam, and added a coat of clear Distress Crackle Paint.


Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Sikken fire dejlige LOer det ene flottere end det andet, jeg kan især godt lide det sidste, det er i så fine farver og der er en kærlighed og ro over det. knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Какие красивые работы!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, both designers really did a wonderful job showcasing the kits so well. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Замечательные странички !!!
    VALERIE SERFOZO и KEREN TAMIR - спасибо вам за вдохновение !

    ReplyDelete